Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tough day at the office!

First I have to say that I absolutely LOVE my job. I work in the best place in the world, and while it's tough sometimes, there are also amazing benefits...

For example, last week a group of my coworkers surprised me with a surprise baby shower one night after work at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club. There were 14 of us, and unfortunately none of us brought a camera...but someone managed to take a pic of me with my gifts and balloons on my cell phone. The night was so nice, I got to visit with everyone, the food was great and of course they all bought me ridiculous amounts of gifts. Kim made the cutest little favors, and cupcakes from Cupcakes!! They did way too much!

Then yesterday the entire office- 70 people- got together to say goodbye and wish me good luck with the baby. My supervisor really did surprise me, as I was expecting it but wasn't sure when it was coming, and they completely caught me off guard. I was so confused when she opened the door and everyone was there! They had a huge cake and of course, more gifts, which were completely not necessary!!!



And then today was our department's staff appreciation day, and Joanne (my boss) took all 8 of us to lunch and then to get manicures and pedicures. If you've never been 9 months pregnant, fat, ready to pop, and swollen, you should know that pedicures are a gift from GOD!!! Here are a few pictures to show how tough of an afternoon I had...

Paraffin wax on my hands while I relax in the massage chair.

I'm on the end, with coworkers Kim next, then Rinki, and then Cindy at the other end.Getting my mani and pedi at the same time... pure bliss!
Joanne and I at the nail salon.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Yeah! This all looks like so much fun! I can only imagine how relaxed you were afterwards. Does the baby kick more when you're relaxed? For me, she moves around most when I'm finally resting for the day! Figures, huh?! But I LOVE it. I'm not sure Jayden has much room to move in there now, though! :) Love you, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

yes... pedicures when you're that pregnant are a gift from heaven. If you go overdue, I highly recommend them again, and again. they help with your sanity!

All the best in the coming weeks, Nikki!

Rachel

Teresa said...

Hey Nik....could you email me your address? I don't think I've ever gotten it. You can email it to tmtysinger@triad.rr.com. THANKS!!! Love ya.