Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I've lived a quarter of a century.

Ok, so it feels exactly the same now that I'm 25 as it did when I was 24 a week ago... but still... thinking about it, I just turned 25 on Monday. That's a quarter of a century, and a big milestone if I think about it. The next big birthday is 30! It doesn't seem possible that I could be that old... but here I am, 25!

So now that I have psyched myself into such a frenzy about getting old, I have decided that this is the time to set some goals for myself and really follow through with them. My mother in law always says that your birthday is the start of your personal new year, and this year, I think I believe her. It feels like a new year. So many good things have been happening for my family and I, the Grey Cup, new puppy, great job, etc... we're happy and everything is great. So, now to set some personal goals for the year.

First one is to get healthy. I just signed up for another 5K this weekend, and an 8K in February. That will lead me to the 10K Sun Run in April.... which will put me on track to run my first half marathon next fall. It's something I have always wanted to do, so this is my year!!! Wish me luck! (Actually, I don't need luck, I need determination and anti-laziness...)

1 comment:

Amy said...

ok.. brain overload. You don't update for like a month, and then you go crazy!! Wow! Thanks for the pics, I loved them!!!