Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bell's Palsy

The day after the audition, I woke up and only half of my face was working. Seriously, the right half was completely not moving. I couldn't blink my eye, I could only smile with half of my mouth. My cheek wouldn't move and I couldn't taste on half of my toungue. After a day in the ER and a CT scan, the doctor's decided it was Bell's Palsy. Completely harmless... they dont know why it happens, but for some reason the #7 nerve that runs from the brain to one side of the face gets inflammed and causes temporary paralization. It just randomly happens on random people... but the good news is, it usually goes completely away, and most people get it once and then never again.

For me, it lasted exactly one month. My cruise to the Mexican Riviera was the cure! :)

No comments: